We always have a lot of bananas at home and often times we freeze them before it gets spoiled but this time I decided to make a cake out of it. This cake recipe is best with over ripe bananas because they’re sweet and quick to mash.
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 30 g vegan butter or margarine (soft or melted)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 g nuts and seeds ( Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and chia seeds)
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until they have an eggy consistency.
- Add the flour, butter, salt, baking soda and nuts to the banana mash and mix well.
- Add the batter on a cake pan and bake for 50 minutes.
166 CALORIES PER SERVING